Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Sweet Surprise

Kelsey is loving BYU-Idaho! Her semesters go from January to July every year and she has proudly finished her first year.  One day after the end of the semester she called me and mentioned she was thinking of driving home for a few weeks.  I told her that sounded great and to let me know what she had decided.  A few hours later when I got home from work, Kevin asked if I had heard from Kelsey since she had left Idaho--a few hours ago!  She obviously had made up her mind!  She said she wanted to surprise her siblings, so that was hard to keep a secret.  It was fun for them to find her pulling in the driveway. 

About a week later I got a call from her boyfriend, Aaron, who was in Provo at the time.  He said he wanted to come surprise her.  Only catch--he was already here in town!  Surprise! on us!  Now we had to do a quick clean up without Kelsey finding out why!  Lucky for us, Kelsey is always in the mood for a clean house, so she pitched right in with us.  I then sent her out on some "errands" while Aaron drove over and hid in the house.  Of course she was stunned to find him when he popped out from behind the entertainment center and presented her with a dozen roses.




We enjoyed getting to know Aaron for a few weeks before heading back to BYU-Idaho with Kelsey in August. Kelsey was able to stay here for a month and I will always treasure the time we spent together this summer. 
The kids put together one more surprise, this time for me.  I came home from school one day to find Kelsey and the kids sneaking around. . .cleaning!  They were all excited but didn't want me to see them cleaning the bathrooms.  They then snuck off to a store and again made me stay out of their way. I soon heard a hammer banging on my bathroom wall.  When they were finished, they showed me 2 sparkling clean bathrooms with new decorations, a bath mat, a toothbrush holder and hand towels, purchased with their own money. 
I really do have the best kids ever!! 

1 comment: