Sunday, October 9, 2011

School Begins

August always comes too quickly and so does the begining of school.  For teachers, the first day of school starts even sooner, this year August 4 was our return to the school date and the students returned bright-eyed and ever bushy-tailed on Aug 8.  I am starting the year out with 6 students and so far, we have kept just 6.  The kids are just as sweet as always and it is fun to have the same students year after year.  Its fun to be in my 3rd year now and to look back at my first year and realize the growth I have seen in myself.

My children are in the full swing of things in school and its hard to believe the first quarter is already done.  The high schoolers are busy with classes, including "A" Hour, which starts at 6:20.  We do have release time for Seminary, but most kids have to take "A" Hour to make up for the credits.  Breanna and Jayden are busy as well and they feel like they have "A" Hour since they have to go to school early with me by 7:20.  Its a long day for us all, but we are happy and keeping busy.
Here is Jayden at 6 pm  on the first day of school.  He was talking, talking, talking, . . then silent. . this is what we found next.  And slept soundly for the next 12 hours.  I felt the same way, but was not as lucky to get there so soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment