Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Day of Thanks

Thanksgiving was not as hilarious as Halloween. But it was restful, for which I am now even more thankful for. Before I worked I didn't really value a holiday the way I do now. Just knowing that the week only had 2.5 teaching days was something to be grateful for. The week before had been quite trying--kids acting crazy, things to be worked out with the staff, parents acting crazy and threatening lawsuits, etc. I even got bit by one of my students and a lovely mouth shaped bruise for a week to remind me of the day's events. (No, I didn't bite him back. He must have been excited about New Moon coming out that day). Thankfully the next week was not only shorter, but better. Kids,staff and parents had calmed down and we were able to do some fun crafts and enjoy the week. This year we are thankful for jobs, our home, each other, our health and our Savior.

Our kids at home were especially excited for Thanksgiving because a). Mom would be home early on Wednesday, and b). Dad makes the best Turkey. Kevin starts the day before soaking the turkey in a brine. Then gets up early the next day to make an herbal seasoning/aromatic stuffing, and then slow cooks it all day. It must have paid off because sadly, there were no left overs this year. Good thing Christmas is around the corner and we can do it all again!

2 comments:

  1. That does sound like a relief to be away from so many crazy happenings at school! Sorry for your poor hand! :) I LOVE your costumes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a blog! I was excited to see your comment and to find your blog! I hope you are all doing well and that you had a nice Christmas. I was saddened to read on FB about the passing of Diana's baby. I have visited her blog, what a beautiful family she has. Life is hard, isn't it?

    Look forward to more posts on your blog! :) Happy New Year!

    Judi :)

    ReplyDelete